Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Midwest is a Lovely Place!


I had an excellent 4th of July vacation, partying it up with the family! I also went on a college visit to Carleton (the alma mater of a lot of my family) and learned some sweet things about the Midwest!

First I learned that the people on the Northern Peninsula of Michigan talk cool! The various Midwest accents have always made me happy. They also remind me a bit of Welsh accents. Anyways, one of my cousins told me about this movie and I kind of have to see it... just watch the trailer.



Also.. Ice Shantis.

Apparently they are far cooler than I originally realized.

They have these festivals that are kind of like the Burning Man of the Northern Midwest. Well, not really... but it is still pretty cool!
More pictures here.

The Carleton visit was cool... I really liked the atmosphere of the school. I don't know if I could handle the weather though. In the words of the admissions officer: "We only have about 2 weeks of life threatening cold here..." O_o!

(PS, the robot is an ice shanty, the picture just was not cooperating with me...)

No comments: